Tuesday 15 April 2014

Topshop Top Picks

If your a follower of Silkandboots on Instagram then you will know I'm a big fan of Topshop, especially their spring / summer collection, and if you have been keeping up to date with my blog posts then you will also know for my birthday I got lots of vouchers to spend in store there.  Teaming vouchers with a shopaholic means one thing "spendaholic!" Money literally burns holes in my pockets. Im true to the saying that I will be an old lady living in a shoe. A quote from Sex And The City, "I like my money exactly where I can see it, in my closet!" Although ask my partner and he will tell you it's not just in the closet, my stuff is everywhere!
So having said that, I wasted no time in spending my vouchers and here's what I got!



 This dress was £39 and on the Topshop website is called Folklore Print Shift Dress.
I really liked this dress on and felt it was the perfect length as it just sat above my knee. The dress is sleeveless but the sleeves at the top of the dress are rather wide making it quite flattering.The style of the dress sits fitted at the bust and then hangs loose with two pockets at the front creating a smock like look. I will be teaming this with a simple pair of tan gladiators for the perfect summer look!






This was my second outfit choice! Please do excuse the creases in the dress, the dress has been left in a bag hanging off my bed for few days and was only taken out today, which may be a problem when wearing this dress as it creases rather quickly, due to it being a lightweight denim. The dress is called a Denim Babydoll Dress and is £36, I had to go up a size in this dress as I found the top half to be rather tight fitting compared to other denim dresses that I have purchased recently from Topshop. I decided to team the dress with the white crop tee, £8,  for a fun girly look. I love the loose fitting on the dress as its so comfortable to wear, so if I'm having a "fat" day this dress will hide it!I also like how versatile the dress can be, because if I team a statement necklace with the dress it takes me from daytime through to night time.




The Mini Gingham Leggings are £22. and I'm still in two minds about these! I like the look with the jelly shoes, (which are from New Look £14.99), but can't decide if I will actually wear them. These were one of those purchases where I tried them on, thought they looked ok, put them back and later on came back to the store to buy them as I couldn't get them out of my head. I'm not totally sure what top I would put them with, probably a basic tee, if  I'd of purchased the trouser version I would of put gingham on gingham but as these are leggings I'm not convinced on that look for these. Will have to try a few ideas out and post pictures for feedback!


This is my favourite purchase of the day! A baby blue Textured Gathered Knee Midi priced at £45, it may be a little steep in price but I loved it! I'm 5ft4 and due to having a small waist but big hips the skirt comes high waisted on me, which is the look I wanted! The skirt does make my bum look huge, and I don't mean slightly bigger than normal, I mean HUGE! I would wear this with the white crop tee as it makes me look a bit more in proportion, and thought I would wear some silver high heeled shoes for an evening look! I'm thinking of wearing this look for when me and my friend go to the Manchester Fashion Week Show.


I love Topshop jewellery and fell in love with this simple necklace. If you watch This Morning then you will have noticed that Holly Willoughby wears something very similar that her mum got her everyday on the show, but as you can imagine this is a fraction of the price at only £6.50. I'm forever wearing tea dresses with floral prints so this necklace will just be the added extra that any outfit needs!


Hope you like all my latest purchases!
Love reading your comments!
Dont forget to follow me at bloglovin!

Vicki xoxo

2 comments:

  1. i love the denim dress and skater skirt, they're so perfect for spring/summer! I hardly buy at topshop as I sometimes feel it's a little on the pricey side for what you get:/ But these picks seem like they're worth every penny :) x
    | Life as a Petite |

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig