Friday 11 April 2014

Not What We Had Planned....

This past weekend was supposed to be so much fun, emphasis on the "supposed!" I had given up my shift at work to have a whole weekend away with my boys, as we had planned to go to Legoland! This excited me muchly! I have wanted to go there for years but we always ended up going Alton Towers or shopping in London, but as H is two and a half, nearly three, I had the perfect excuse for now actually going!
When we woke up on Saturday morning H had such a high temperature that we decided we wouldn't stay down there, instead if he was feeling better then we would go early Sunday morning. Saturday came and went and he was still no better and to make things worse so was my partner!I couldn't believe my luck! Two poorly boys!
       In typical Vicki fashion I left them to it in bed and headed off to the shops to pick up my store order from New Look! Well, in trying to justify my actions they were both sleepy and plus I didn't want the lergy too!
 Please excuse the missing head, here's my outfit for the day!




Mom jeans New Look £24.99
Skater pumps Topshop £20
Stripe box tee Next £16

I had been searching for a pair of mum jeans for what seemed forever, and these jeans really are a great fit, they are a baggier fit than what I was going for, but I like the high waisted aspect to them, so I could team them with any length top! The skater pumps are every where at the moment, and everyone seems to be loving these ones from Topshop. I decided on the pink shade as pastel colours are a massive summer trend and once again this is another item that will go with most other colours! After wearing these pumps for no more than four hours my feet absolutely killed!The inside of the pump isn't finished correctly making the material dig into your feet, so please bare this in mind when getting a pair!  Having said that I will still wear these again as I love them so much!

Now back to the shopping. I purchased a few bits from Topshop (which I shall write about in my next post) and then collected my parcel from New Look.
These where the shoes inside!!!

Ok, so there has been a mix of opinions on these, virtually everyone seems to have had a pair when they were like nine and now the fashion trend has come back around on itself again! These were £15 which is a pretty good price compared to some that are on Asos or Topshop as they are all £20 plus! Do I think I'm going to wear them? In one word YES! They are beyond comfortable and actually look good on! Hopefully if the weather starts warming up then these will be my staple wardrobe piece on my outfits of the day posts to come!
       With a few pieces purchased, it wasn't a total disaster of a weekend! Hopefully a better one to come!


What have you been up to recently?
Don't forget to follow me on bloglovin to keep up to date!

Vicki xoxo

1 comment:

  1. That outfit looks cute and so super comfy! Love it ;D

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig