Friday 4 April 2014

A little insight

The last few days have been really wonderful for me, as first I celebrated Mothers Day with my little boy and then it was my twenty eighth birthday, so as you can imagine this week has been a week of smiles and of course presents!
On Sunday, (Mothers Day), me and Harrison started our day by visiting my nan and we gave her special photos of Harrison that we had done for the day, needless to say she loved them! My nan doesn't like celebrating the day and every year requests no cards or presents, so the photos were a perfect gift! We then spent the next hour or so playing in the garden with her dog Max, which made me think of all my childhood memories of being there. It feels like only yesterday when I would walk up the garden path with my Grandad now I'm doing the exact same thing with my little boy.























After visiting my nan we then headed over to my mums to also give her photos and another gift which me and my brother got her together.

This gorgeous bag is from River Island and cost £40, it has a navy blue flap which closes with gold locks, and has a beautiful pastel woven detailing to the front. It really is the perfect messenger bag for the summer months as pastels are so on trend and is a great size to carry around everything from your purse and mobile to your make up bag.

We then spent the rest of the afternoon playing out in the sunshine on all of the garden toys.
I really couldn't of asked for a better day than to spend it with my family and everyone being so pleased with what we got them. I personally got some One Direction perfume, as my last bottle ran out at xmas and this was on my wish list for the past couple of weeks. I love the scent and every time I wear it to work everyone always compliments me on the smell.

Next up, my Birthdayyyyyyy!!!! Well on April the 1st, yes April fools day, I turned 28, and although I thought I would be crying in my bed all day about the fact I'm two years off thirty, I decided to embrace my age instead. I mean I get told I look younger than I am, I certainly don't feel that age, so there for I have decided its merely a number and being totally mature and ignoring those god awful digits of mine.
Anyway back to the important bit, my birthday present! Ever since I can remember I have loved Marc Jacobs, the clothes line, the bags and accessories, I have spent endless hours looking at his stuff online and lusting over such products! Well on the first of April, my wait was over as a beautiful Marc Jacobs bag landed on my doorstep! Yep, I finally got what I had been after for all these years, and here it is!


This gorgeous Marc Jacobs bag, (yes I did have to get the fact that is it Marc Jacobs for like the billionth time in), is colour blocked with two shades of grey, gold detailing to the fastenings and a mustard bag tag on the inside and on the tabs on the front! I just absolutely love it and couldn't of picked a better handbag myself! The boy did good!
 I also got some money and Topshop vouchers and some clothes, all in all a very good start to the day. As my partner had to work me and Harrison decided to go to this kiddies play hub, which is a massive play area for kids of the ages between 0-16. We both had so much fun running around and climbing up and down things that it really was the perfect birthday.
This is a picture of us together before we went down the big bumpy slide.

                                                                       "Best-friends"


Hope you enjoyed reading about what I have been up to recently!
Keep your comments coming as I love reading them!
Vicki xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! It's wonderful to hear that you had such a lovely weekend - with your first mothers day and birthday all at once :) Your little boy is unbelievably cute! I really like this post :) x
    | Life as a Petite |

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, sounds like you had a truely fabulous first mothers day :) your little man is absolutely adorable! can't wait for more posts featuring him xox

    reneealexisxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! Jealous that you got such a lovely birthday present & your son is so so adorable!x

    Anita @ AllThingsAnita

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig