Wednesday 14 May 2014

Spending to break the bank account Topshop style

Its no shock that I love to spend! In fact I quite possibly may have a slight issue! I don't think an actual day passes me by that I haven't spent any money! And what's worse is since I decided to blog at the start of the year my spending habit has grown! I'm constantly thinking oh that would be great to feature in my blog or oh I need that as it's the latest trend! This is making a serious dent in my account and a serious mess in my bedroom!
    Anyhow, my recent splurge has been in the wonderful Topshop! Yes Topshop! Not the most cheapest of places but I just can't seem to help myself in there at the moment! Their collections at the moment are so great that I actually blame  them for making me spend! (Crazy huh)! 
So here are my latest purchases!



This gorgeous floral shirt is £38, which may seem a little steep for a shirt, but with the pattern and style it can literally see me through the seasons, as in winter it will look so cute with a jumper over the top or styled with some skinnies and knee high boots. For now I'm going to be teaming it with my new Jamie jeans which brings me onto my next purchase.


Ripped jeans are a massive trend this season, from overly ripped to just ripped at the knees and I'm definitely a fan. The Jamie range at Topshop are super stretch jeans that are high waisted, so great for keeping those tums well and truely hidden, which is why I particularly like this style. It also means I can wear the crop top trend without actually showing any skin as they are high waisted. These jeans are £40!


The weather still hasn't made it's mind up in this town, whether it wants to be sunny or not. I think in the past month we have had two days of actual sunny warm days and the rest have been dull and dreary. Topshop have had these jumpers in now for a few months, and I have been looking at this one for a while so finally caved in and purchased it. I really like the fit on the body, not to keen on how tight the arms are, and trust me my arms are the smallest part left on me, but the jumper is so beautiful especially with the detailing on the shoulders with the studds and pearls. This I will team with my Jamie jeans and my pale blue full skirt which I have featured in a previous post.



I love a peplum top! I love how it balances my top half out and flares out, to make my thighs appear smaller. To me peplums are a great shape and a great way to dress an outfit up! This top is a complete bargain at only £22, and with it being monochrome and floral how will it ever go out of trend? A great stylish and simple top to pair with some black skinny jeans, and then I would add a bright shoe to add a pop of colour to my outfit!




Now these two items I have teamed together as I purchased them specifically to wear together. The shirt has come out a little bit too pink in the picture where its actually more orangey in colour! The full skirt is a peach colour and I love this trend of wearing a full skirt and tucking in a top into the waistband to create a great silhouette! The shirt was £24 and the skirt was £45.  This look is very Carrie Bradshaw and I cant wait to wear it!


The heartbreaker sandal, a classic yet simple sandal that deserves to be loved by all. I have never been a fan of white shoes/sandals but even I have to admit that sometimes an outfit, especially a summer one, needs a white sandal to complete the look. When I saw these in Topshop I literally couldn't put them down, well in all fairness they were the last size five, but their beauty was really shouting out to me that I needed them in my life. What was more shocking was the fact that they only cost £28! A great piece from the Topshop collection!


Ok, so after my earlier statement of not liking white shoes/sandals, it may seem rather strange to have purchased a second pair!? I just sometimes can't control the urge of needing to spend, and I have seen so many similar pairs of these gladiator style shoe/sandal in all the magazines and on other bloggers that I felt these too belonged with me! What I also love about these, is that I can now wear the frilly sock trend with them, which I have been dying to do for like forever!!! The Florence Gladiator sandal are selling in Topshop for £30.


So I had the sandals, now I just needed the socks right? These three came on the offer of three for £8! I have gone for pretty neutral colours to suit the sandals and to match outfits easier!


I hope you liked my purchases, let me know what you think?
What have you been buying recently?

Vicki xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Really like the detail on the pink skirt ! But everything is so nice !

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving them socks x i hardly wear socks unless i have too though as i get really itchy feet x but love the look of these ones x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig