Sunday 4 May 2014

Make up splurge....

I have been a little bit m.i.a this week, not for any particular reason, the usual work, housework and a crazy toddler can just be enough for anyone to be kept on their toes, but that hasn't stopped me spending, hence a post! As so many of you like my pictures on Instagram and leave me nice comments I thought I would share some of my make up essentials that I really cant live without. Don't get me wrong I'm no make up expert, and some of the things I do may make some make up artists cringe but hey ho!
    I go to Boots or Debenhams every so often, usually change of season, and have my make up done on one of the little counters. I do this as I love the fact they give you tips and advice and often free samples with your purchases! At the moment I'm loving No7 by Boots, and have done for the past year since I had used the Match Made Service! However I must note that when the advert for this came on the tv my partner asked why I hadn't tried it as it looked good, and I replied that I already had and that's what I use, to which he replied, "why are you so orange then?" once he stopped laughing! Anyway here's my make up purchases....



Some of these purchases I have reviewed on an older post.
Boots had 3 for 2 on my shopping trip so I couldnt resist!!!





First off I use this foundation called Stay Perfect in cool vanilla. I really love the colour of the foundation and the texture of it when I apply it. A pea size amount does go a long way, and maybe sometimes I forget this when applying in the morning, ( as my boyfriend likes to point out). What I also like about the Stay Perfect foundation is that I don't have to re-apply during the day as the finish really does "stay perfect".



Next up is the Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser, I have recently reviewed this in an earlier post, but as I needed some more, I just wanted to let you know that I having been using this everyday and it does make a difference! Not a lot is needed, as if you put too much on, your nose can become a greasy mess and then your foundation goes a little crazy! I do love the texture of this, and unlike others its doesn't have a glittery shine to it.




I love nothing better than a pink Barbie lipstick. My lips are a real deep red which I absolutely hate, so I use this Maxfactor one in Angel Pink, and love the matte look finish it gives! It has reasonable staying power, but not great after eating so re-applying is definitely needed.



Now this L'Oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream I haven't actually used yet, but I have read so many great things about this that I couldn't wait to purchase it! My mum purchased it and said it felt so nice and smooth on her skin and gives a lovely glow.




This is going to be a crazy statement, but until I started blogging I never knew that a make up brush cleaner even existed, I would literally buy new brushes all the time, and as you can imagine that got very expensive! I personally prefer a brush to apply make up than to use my fingers as I feel it blends better.
After reading several blog posts on "how to keep your brushes clean", many bloggers do make their own brush cleaners but for the first go I picked up this make up cleaner for £8, which I know many of you will be screaming that's crazy money to spend when you can make the cleaner for much cheaper. However, like I said I wanted to use a product to see how well it worked and if I felt it made any difference to my brushes. Applying a little cleaner to my first brush I couldn't believe how much product came off straight away, as you can see my brushes were pretty filthy. Once both had a great thorough clean I decided to use a trouser hanger to give the brushes a rest, and so the stems wouldn't rot through the water seeping down into them. I have to admit I'm very pleased with the outcome and now my bank balance will also be very happy with not having to buy so many brushes all the time!



No7 Instant Radiance Concealer. I started using this concealer a few months back when I noticed my dark circles underneath my eyes and it has now become part of my everyday routine! A really great concealer  that makes my eyes look brighter even when they need sleep!


This is No7 newest mascara, Lash Impact. It claims to "turn up the volume for dramatic looking lashes with maximum impact and clump free layers". What I liked first about the mascara is the case it came in, it's so pretty and really stands out compared to other No7 make up.The brush is one I prefer as I tend to find the rubber brushes too harsh on my eyelashes, leaving them sore to touch.The mascara is one of my new faves at the moment as its doesn't clump and I personally felt my lashes looked thicker and fuller so it gets a recommendation thumbs up from me!

Other items I got were the Real Technique brushes, which I have previously reviewed and also every beauty blogger has reviewed and recommended them. The blonde hair grips, which I use every day to keep my quiff in place, are an item that I can't live without, but seem to go through and loose a million per week!
The serum I got given free as these were just samples that I still need to try out to see if I want to add it to my daily routine. 

Hope you enjoyed seeing my new make up purchases!
Vicki xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I've just bought the blur cream too so I'll be interested to see what you think of it. I'm not sure if it lives up to the hype so far but I need to give it a proper road test first! Thanks for the post!

    Jaq @ www.lazydaysbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when Boots have 3 for 2, you always end up with way more than you should ;) The Maybelline Baby Skin looks really interesting I will have to check it out!
    Tanja Mortensen

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig