Saturday 31 May 2014

New set of nails!

Today was the first day that I actually went and got my nails done! Yes, I know i'm rather a little old at twenty eight to have never had this done before, but I guess better late than never! I always used to do my own with the stick on ones that you get from Boots. Then once I had my little boy there was no time to do this luxury anymore!
      So off I went to the nail salon in my local town, called Krystle Nails. Quite a few girls from work get their nails done there and always say how lovely the staff are and how good the actual nails are.
As I entered the salon the smell was rather strong of all the different nail products used, it was quite overwhelming! Having taken a seat it wasn't long until I got to sit in the chair and explain what I would like done! As I bite my nails (gross I know, but have done since I was little, think it usually happens when I'm stressed or nervous) I literally have the smallest nails ever! No joke! My two year old has longer nails than me! My nail beds are also rather small so they don't have any length to them!
      Anyway, back to the job in hand, the owners of the salon are a married couple and I got the husband, who was quite surprised at how small my nails were, what he usually uses on peoples little fingers were used on all my fingers! I decided to go for short nails as I wanted to be able to get on well with them, and felt if they were too long I would struggle with day to day tasks!
     After lots of chit chat and deciding I wanted short, rounded barbie pink nails here are the results!




You can't see too great in the picture but four of my nails are fuchsia pink and my engagement ring finger is a fuchsia pink but in glitter. I think next time I will get pastel colours and maybe go for a square shape to try something different!

Hope you liked this post!

Vicki xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig