Monday 31 March 2014

Some of my new essentials

I have worm make up for the past seven years, before that I literally only wore lipgloss and the odd bit of mascara! Nowadays you wouldn't find me with out any make up on stepping into the outside world, this just wouldn't happen! Although in the summer I do try to wear less and when I'm abroad I do go au-natural, but I just can't seem to no longer live with out it!
     I'm no make up expert I always go to either a Boots or Debenhams and let the make up artists loose on my face with what ever brand takes my fancy. It's usually though if I'm being honest, which ever girl looks the best with the best applied makeup on, is the one I will head towards! I will do this a few times a year just to update my makeup but also different seasons really effect my skin, as like most in the summer it goes a little greasy and in the winter it goes dry.
      At the end of summer last year my mum had her skin tested with boots latest technology called the Match Made Service! This is basically a handheld machine that indicates which foundation is best suited to your skin, so if you haven't tried this yet it's an absolute must! Having seen my mum get her skin tested I obviously wanted mine done too. And it revealed I should be wearing the No7 Stay Perfect foundation in cool vanilla, which I must add to this very day I still wear!
      However having read several beauty blogs recently I found a lot of reviews on certain products which could make the way I apply makeup better and overall look better on my face!
The first product I brought this week was the Real Techniques set of brushes!

Now I know you must be thinking what took me so in long in getting these, but like I have said before i'm no make up expert, and also when you already use brushes which you like, if you're anything like me then you'll stick to what you know! Before these brushes I always used No7 brushes as I like the way they applied make up to my face. However, having read a few beauty blogs recently, everyone said about their love for these, and i'm no exception to the rule! I absolutely love these brushes and I cant stress that enough, these brushes are great! This set cost me £21.99 from boots and is worth every penny, they are no more expensive than my No7 brushes and even individually they price match the same. So how have I been converted to these? Well it's simple, its all in the bristles of each brush! The apllication is much smoother and less make up is used and the overall finish looks great!!! These are an essential to any make up bag!

My next purchase was the Maybelline New Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser!
Now I have never really had an issue or noticed my pores until recently which may be because of different things, one I needed new brushes, two the change in weather always effects my skin and three after reading beauty blogs I have learnt new things about make up. I had seen many beauty bloggers comment on this product so when I went into Boots recently I asked one of the make up artists to tell me a bit more about the product to see if I actually needed it, which I did. As boots were sold out of this one, I used several testers on my hand to see how other products compared. Some were too greasy, some had too much of a sparkle finish and some were too dark. Just to my luck the assistant found some in the drawers beneath the stand and when I tested this one there is no comparison! This product is clear and light and literally does what it says! I apply this first thing in the morning and it really lasts all day! Try the other pore erasers if you must, but you will be wasting your money as this one is perfect!

Often with Boots they do the 3 for 2 offer and it was only Maybelline that was actually doing it when I went in, the other brands had different offers on, so in keeping with Maybelline theme I also purchased the Baby Lips Hydrate lip balm and the Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof mascara. 



I have used the Maybelline lipbalm before, but I just didnt get much use out of it as my two year old decided to try it himself and ended up breaking it. I have always had chapped lips and like most struggle with this at particular times of the year, and as I work in retail the air con can dry my lips out too! This lip balm is my ultimate saviour and has put the moisture back into my lips!

The Maybelline mascara has been a favourite of mine for years and I will forever use it. I love how black the mascara appears on my lashes, (as I have blonde eyelashes), and how it stays on all day and doesn't clump together or give the spidey look like some other brands do!

I hope you like what I have purchased let me know your thoughts and how you have found these products!

Vicki xoxo 













































































































































































































































































2 comments:

  1. I'm the same as you, I've recently started getting into make-up more and more and have so many huge hauls that I want to do to get lots of new products! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so many good things about real techniques brushes! Tempted to get some myself :)

    Great post!

    www.accordingtoellie.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig