Monday 24 March 2014

A simple trip to London.

So last weekend the sun was shining and we decided to take a little trip down to London! Every so often we go to London for a nice day of spending and enjoying lovely food, however this time we took our two year old with us as usually he stays at home with nanny. On the drive down to London we soon realised the trains were not running for the day so instead we had to drive into central London hoping to find a car park. I made the big mistake of just tapping in to the sat nav "London" instead of a specific street name! This then caused a lot of problems, especially due to the fact our petrol light had come on!So all in all a trip that should take just over an hour ended up taking two due to my error with the sat nav! (Typical Blonde). We did get to see the London Bridge, The London Eye and St Pauls Cathedral, on our extended road trip.
            To make the trip more child friendly, we headed to Covent Gardens and stayed in that area rather than try to fight a pushchair through the crowds at Oxford Street. Our first stop was Orbital which is a comic store as my partner Leigh and my little boy love all things marvel. After several comic and toy purchases we finally hit my shops! I actually struggled to find anything I liked, which for me is a surprise as I always have a wish list for every high street shop going! I think its also the fact that working in retail myself you can sometimes look at an item in one store then realise you have something similar in the store you work in but for a fraction of the price! This not buying anything though didn't last for long as we found my beloved Topshop! The reason I love Topshop so much is the fact that they really do take on board what the designers are taking out on the catwalks and reproduce their own take on it and bring it to the stores! I even love the mannequin displays in Topshop as they give a completely different perspective on how to team items together with things such as clashing prints or chunky boots with a little dress.Once I had had a thorough look around and a good rummage,(as we all know Topshop love to place at least three items on one bar) I finally got some purchases!

This dress is simple but beautiful, I absolutely love the lace detailing on the top layer of the dress and the fact that the purple underneath layer is a casual jersey material, so you can dress the item up or down depending on where you were going to wear it to. With this outfit though I just cant decide on footwear and have been thinking of purchasing some jelly shoes as every store has them in and if I teamed them with this outfit I feel it would give it a quirky edge!

This was my next purchase also from Topshop, now these colours aren't what I would usually go for but I loved this tunic so much I couldn't resist! We are going away in a few weeks time and this will be perfect in the evenings as its still cool, to wear with my shiny leggings/disco pants and some black peep toes, for a glam evening look.

My last find in Topshop was this beautiful satchel and such a bargain at only £20. I really couldn't believe the price when I saw it, I immediately wanted it! The satchel is a funny vinyl/patent look, but is such a great colour it can be teamed with most items! 

The outing was such a nice day due to the weather and we all went home happy with our treats!

Hope you like my purchases, would love to hear what you have been up to these last few weekends!

Vicki xoxo 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig