Thursday 31 July 2014

Make Way For La Mav Organic Skin Science

The beauty of makeup is not just how it looks on your face but how you feel when you wear it. To  find a brand that incorporates everything you would want it to in one piece, e.g, organic and actually does what it says it should do, whether it be a foundation, powder or lipgloss is a rare treat.
 I have pale skin with rosy red cheeks and red lips, that in the summer I get an oily t-zone and in the winter I get dry patches. This dilemma means that i'm forever trying different makeup to try and combat these areas at specific times of the year.

I recently got in contact with a company called La Mav Organic Skin Science about their products, as I had come across them on instagram and then had read many reviews on the great things that the products do. I was extremely lucky to be sent three full size products of my choice!





1. La Mav Rumex Advanced Lightening Day Creme

2. La Mav Anti- Ageing Mineral Foundation in Light/Medium

3. La Mav Tinted Lip Treatment in Sheer Pink




La Mav Rumex Advanced Lightening Day Creme

  " This ultra-rich lightening day creme works to reduce the appearance of discolouration and pigmentation. Formulated with Licorice root and Rumex Occidentals to deliver intensive lightening and brightening benefits. Gives skin a smooth and healthy appearance. "

Ideal for
   Skin that is prone to pigmentation, sun-damage and fine lines.




Ok ok, so I know Im only 28 and you're probably thinking why do I need a lightening creme already, but I feel it's important to look after my skin as I do have a few fine lines already ( I call them smile/laughter lines), and every summer my face does get a little sun damaged as we go abroad and I definitely don't apply as much sunscreen as I should. (This post took a little longer than usual in uploading as I have taken a couple of weeks testing the products to give an honest opinion!)
     The Advanced Lightening Day Creme gives a great description promising lots of improvements with continuous use so it had a lot to live up to. I found the creme to be very light on my skin, and didn't leave an oily residue which is a big plus especially in this weather! Already after a few weeks I can see and feel a slight change in my face, with it feeling more toned and the appearance of my fine lines less noticeable. Because the creme made my skin feel so good and look good I didn't apply as much foundation as I usually do due to it looking less tired than usual. I will be keeping this creme in my daily skin routine as I couldn't find a fault with it!

RATING 
 5 Stars Out Of 5


La Mav Anti- Ageing Mineral Foundation In Light/Medium

     " La Mav Mineral Foundation is a concealer, foundation and powder in one that provides a flawless finish giving skin a natural and radiant look without clogging pores or irritating skin."



For me a powder is essential, especially in the summer months as I can often get an oily t-zone, so being sent a powder was like music to my ears! The powder is very light on the skin and glides on easily using my Real Techniques brush, and has a slight shimmer effect which I layer up on evenings out for a more glamorous effect.  What I particularly liked about the foundation is that on days that I didn't want to wear a "full face" I could literally wear the product on it's own, and if necessary add more if needed.

RATING
  4.5 Stars Out Of 5
Now, here Im being picky, as the product itself is great, although I personally feel that the product would benefit form having come with its own brush or sponge in the box, hence the 0.5 marking down!



La Mav Tinted Lip Treatment Sheer Pink

   " An intensive hydrating tinted lip treatment that moisturises and conditions lips. Formulated with CoEnzyme Q10,  Argan Oil and Vitamin E that will help to maintain ultra hydration and nourishment."



I love love love this lip treatment!!! Being a fan of barbie pink lipstick anyway, whats not to love about adding a pink gloss on top that actually nourishes the lips! Some people are not a fan of glosses as they can be sticky and wear off easily! What was surprising is how this gloss is definitely not sticky, so my hair isn't constantly being pulled away from my face when wearing it, and it stays on a lot longer, so reapplying all throughout the day isn't essential! The sheer pink was a great choice for me, but you can also order berry for a more daring look or nude for a subtle every day style.

RATING
  5 Stars Out Of 5



Overall I was so pleased with the products I was sent by La Mav, as they matched my skin tone and personality down to a tee! I always find it a little daunting trying new products especially make up as you never know how your skin will react to them and getting the right shade is an essential. I will definitely be ordering some of the other products from their website as I was so pleased with the findings from this review.

Don't just take my word for it, head over to the website www.lamav.com and see what other wonderful products you can get! The shipping is a great price considering its coming all the way from Australia and if you sign up to their newsletter you will be informed of all their great offers and latest discounts!


Let me know if you have purchased any products from La Mav and if you are going to!

Hope you enjoyed this post!


Vicki xoxo





1 comment:

  1. I really love the first sentence of this post! If I feel self conscious while wearing make up, I know I shouldn't be wearing it. But these look like some great products! I'm not in need of the anti age products yet, and it doesn't look like you do either, but I do love that lip treatment! Great review of these products, they look great! Mckenzie xx
    Blog | Bloglovin’ | Twitter | Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig