Wednesday 23 July 2014

A "Dash"-ing visit New York Style

For me a trip to New York wouldn't be complete without a visit to the Kardashian store Dash. Located at 119 Spring Street in the heart of New Yorks fashion district of Soho. This was on my personal list of things that I wanted to do before I left the city.
     It was Wednesday morning and we headed out to Soho as we were doing a walking tour of the area including China Town and Little Italy. We left fairly early to find the street we were meeting our guide on and then to wander round and find the Dash store beforehand as well as the tattoo shop New York Ink which is another reality show that we both love.
 




Soooo a little morning selfie never hurt anyone, even though it shows our messy bed!

Finally on Spring Street I was literally looking at all the buildings numbers, counting down to see how far away I was from the Dash store. Leigh spotted it a mile off, but I still couldn't see, (in fairness it does have the smallest door sign pointing out on to the street). And here I was standing outside the Dash store. I can't explain the excitement that I felt, other than a girly squeal may have been let out. Turning the handle to go in, I couldn't believe it, not open until 12!!!!!! The disappointment was unreal. We took a few pics then left!


  
As you can see from my pictures the exterior needs a lick of paint and the sign is rather small, to the point you could miss the actual store if you walked past not knowing where it was.

To cheer up my misery face, Leigh said we could wander around for a while and then come back to go in and have a look. 
   Walking around Soho, it had such a different vibe to other parts of New York, it was much trendier, with high end fashion retailers and was just more relaxed.  A few streets south Leigh spotted New York Ink, which is actually called Wooster Street Social Club. Once again this wasn't open until 12, so we weren't able to go in. 


Heading back, the streets seemed to get a little busier, and before I realised we were going in to Mulberry!!!! Now for as long as I can remember Mulberry has always been a dream of mine to actually own one of their bags. The price tag has always been too out of reach for me to have one, as we all know you can get a cheap car for the same price of a Mulberry! But that doesn't stop a girl dreaming, right? The store was large, with bags of every shape, colour and design on the shelves,and immediately a guy came over to welcome us into the store. The air was clean, a light scent wafting through the store, with a feel of warmth and luxury that you don't get shopping on the high street. Carefully looking at the bags, and opening them up to see the price tags, I was so excited to be in there. Then the magical four words came.... no, not "will you marry me" (he's done that), but "you can have one!" 
   The choice was not one to be taken lightly and was extremely difficult to know what size or better still what colour to get? Walking round the store several times,  I had narrowed it down to two, the classic Bayswater in mushroom grey or the Suffolk in ginger shrunken calf. I finally decided on the Suffolk as it immediately caught my eye when entering the store.



And here she is!
My love for this bag goes far beyond than I can explain, she is simply exquisite! The staff were beyond helpful and so nice and complimentary on my choice! Once all wrapped up in an extremely large Mulberry cardboard shopper we left the store, to head across to Dash!

Being still a little overwhelmed by the purchase of a Mulberry we walked into the store. I had read many reviews on Dash, mainly negative ones but that didn't put me off, as I love the ladies and their shows. The store was rather spacious with collections being merchandised on the racks around the store with a few tables in the middle. The fitting rooms were to the back with a large till area at the side, filled with extra trinkets to purchase! The young lady working in the store came over immediately to welcome us in and showed us around all the new lines and was very informative. I think the fact I was holding the biggest Mulberry shopping bag may have had a little influence, clearly thinking I was going to spend just as much in this store. She was very kind and didn't mind the fact I was bombarding her with all these questions about the Kardashians. 
I purchased a few bits as souvenirs to take away with me as I couldn't help myself!





All in all it was a great start to the day! A brand new Mulberry and getting to go to the Dash store. Forget the reviews you read, experience it for yourself as I was sooooo glad we hung around before our walking tour, to go inside! For me the Kardashians are what the American Dream is about, and on that Wednesday morning my dreams came true!!!

Vicki xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig